Going on a language immersion trip to Spain for 4, 6, or 12 months ensures a fulfilling and unique personal experience.
In fact, after 4 months of Spanish courses, you can aspire to almost speak fluent Spanish, and as a result will be able to interact easily with locals, do more activities, and live a memorable experience during your trip to Spain.
Whether as a vacation, a sabbatical year, a professional opportunity, life as a digital nomad, or because of other reasons motivating you to stay in Spain over the long term, you are mainly giving yourself the chance for complete immersion in Spanish culture.
After 4 to 12 months of Spanish lessons and local life, you will really be able to see the difference!
What type of student are you?
My Language Break offers customized programs which are adapted to both your learning pace and preferences:
If you want to take Spanish courses over a time period of 4 to 12 months, MLB recommends:
- The 20/h week intensive course for the first months so that you quickly reach an adequate level as to be comfortable during daily life: this teaching method is effective and approved.
- Then, when you want, there is the option of changing to the 10h/week semi-intensive course: this less intense pace allows you to continue with your progress to more advanced language levels, all the while giving you more time for your daily life and to participate in other activities.
You can also opt for private lessons:
- Taking private Spanish lessons offers you a great deal of freedom when it comes to organizing your daily agenda: you can take private lessons to complete your group lessons, or can choose them as your main type of course so that you learn Spanish comfortably and in a personalized way. This option is perfect for best planning your language immersion trip to Spain.
Other options such as speech therapy and phonetics courses for perfecting your pronunciation, evening lessons, conversation lessons, and DELE courses (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) are also available. Contact us for more information.
As for lodging for a 4 to 12-month trip, we offer you options adapted to your preferences:
- Living in a shared apartment with other people learning Spanish or with students from Spain.
- An extended-stay hotel, which lets you have the comfort of hotel services along with the benefits of your own apartment, giving you more independence.
- Renting a private apartment for complete independence.
- University residence is a comfortable option if you want to live in a campus atmosphere.
Contact us for more information.
Choosing a 4 to 12-month language immersion trip gives you the opportunity to truly live like a local, to be more active in your daily life, and to establish a social network. This is your best chance for learning the language, through pursuing multiple parallel activities related to your passions: sign up for a dance course and/or a gym, do an internship at a company for a few weeks or months…
MLB will hand you “the keys to the city” customized based on the interests you indicated beforehand (restaurants, shows, public places, practical information, others).
Here are some suggestions for language immersion trips which we have come up with for you. These are package ideas to help you in your search. Naturally, these are adaptable and we would be happy to develop a customized package based on your interests and needs:
- Magic Madrid
Super language-learning experience in Madrid to make you bilingual in 6 months!
- Classic Barcelona/Madrid
This is a double dream for a complete Spanish experience: a 3-month course in Barcelona followed by a 3-month internship at a company in Madrid (or 3 months of semi-intensive courses).