With 28 years of experience teaching Spanish, Lacunza IH applies a teaching method that focuses on practicality and improving each student’s level both inside and outside of the classroom. Lacunza IH is located in the Eguia neighborhood, and is conveniently just ten minutes away from the city centre and the famous surf beach, Zurriola. The school holds 17 spacious classroom equipped with AC, Hi-Fi sound systems, and interactive whiteboards. Students also have access to a wide variety of language learning resources in the library at to the school’s multimedia room where they can improve their skills by watching a film or TV show in Spanish. There is free WiFi throughout the school.
Since the beginning, the school has been a member of the International House World Organisation (IH), an international organization made up of a large group of language schools in 52 different countries and is dedicated to quality language teaching and teacher training. Lacunza IH has also recently become a member of the International Association of Language Centers (IALC).
Courses are offered at all levels, from Beginner to C2. The most popular course taken at Lacunza IH is the Intensive 20 which consists of twenty 45-minute Spanish classes per week. Students may build the Intensive course by adding five or ten private lessons per week, or an additional ten mini-group afternoon lessons per week.
And if you really want to immerse yourself in the Spanish and Basque cultures, there is a Trimester course that involves three months of living and learning in San Sebastián.
Other course options include: DELE Exam Preparation courses, private lessons, IH Spain Combined courses (to learn Spanish through discovering other cities throughout Spain), and summer camps for children and teenagers.
Lecunza’s team of passionate and highly qualified teachers has been trained through the IH Teacher Training Course. Teachers carefully create course content that is in line with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), the Institute Cervantes’ Curriculum Plan, and the IH standards. At the same time, each student’s progress is closely monitored with smaller classroom sizes, daily observation from teachers, and periodic tests.
- Host family: students can learn about local customs, cuisine, and daily life by living with a Spanish family.
- Apartment: students may have their own private bedroom in a shared flat with locals or other international students.
- Student Residence: building with 222 room located right in the university area of the city. The residence hall is equipped with a dining room, library, multimedia room, gym, sauna, soundproof music rooms, communal meeting rooms and more. Both single and shared rooms are available.
- Private apartment: Lacunza IH will offer you a flat based on your budget and specific requirements. Great option for families.
- Other options: hotels, pensions, camping grounds and agritourism.