WAYRA is centrally located in Costa Rica, Playa Tamarindo and just 150 meters from the beach.
The school is situated in a beautiful tropical garden. On the premises the students can find three buildings and two small ranchos (open air dry palm huts).
All 12 classrooms are distributed among the buildings. The classrooms are spacious and comfortable, with large open windows to create a comfortable and appropriate atmosphere to study.
The main rancho houses four classrooms on the second floor and the cafeteria with a snack bar on the ground floor. In the cafeteria students relax and enjoy conversations with other students while having some snacks and refreshments. It is also a good place to do homework during school hours or to take part in one of the dance lessons that are practiced after school on the main floor.
As an additional service, we offer our students that bring their own notebook, free high speed wireless Internet at the main building, at the big rancho and at our 3 student houses El Mar, La Carolina and WAYRA. Also, we provide to our students each day at least 15 minutes free Internet access at the school’s computers.
All rooms at the student houses have a safety box where our students can place their notebooks and other values. This service is also free of charge.
– WAYRA offers Spanish as a second language since 1996.
– Official DELE examination center and accredited center since 2008 by the Instituto Cervantes.
– We teach all levels from A1 to C2, available every week.
– Beautiful school facilities with tropical garden and outdoor classrooms.
– Centrally located, the school is just 1 ½ blocks from the beach and the center of town is in walking distance.
– Great activities during week and organized weekend tours.
– Different lodging options such as 3 student houses that are close to the school and the beach.
– Small groups: max. 6 participants per group (average 3-4)
– Most courses are accepted as “Bildungsurlaub” in several German Bundesländer.
– Modern teaching methods.
– Enthusiastic and qualified teachers, all with a university degree and years of experience in teaching Spanish as a second language.
– Dynamic international atmosphere with personalized service.
– The town of Playa Tamarindo is a small multicultural beach town.
– Perfect place for outdoor activities such as surfing, kayaking, sailing, diving, Canopy, horseback riding and much more.
– It has a great night life with many restaurants and bars for all budgets.
– Multilingual staff.