Learning a new language is always difficult. It can be even more difficult if you’re not engaging in the right repetitive actions. You can also click here to know more about the easy and efficient ways to learn Spanish.
One of the best ways to learn a language is by singing songs that focus on that language. This is because it forces you to use the vocabulary and grammar of the language without realizing it because all buttons are pushed while listening to a song. The Spanish is no more different. You can learn it in an easy and fun way by listening to and singing catchy Spanish songs. These easy Spanish songs to learn Spanish will not only develop your taste for Spanish music and culture but will also improve your language skills.
What are the benefits of learning Spanish through listening to Spanish songs?
Spanish songs are a great way to learn Spanish for beginners, kids, or adults because by hearing that music, you are exposed to the musicality of the language, which is that rhythm that will help you to read Spanish better. The following are some benefits of learning Spanish with the help of songs:
- The first and foremost benefit of learning Spanish through listening to songs of Spanish-speaking cultures is that it is an interesting, fun, and entertaining way of learning.
- Secondly, these songs include a variety of topics of Spanish culture, from love to nature and animals, making it an ideal resource for language learning. In addition, children and beginners learn what is most interesting to them, which they will retain more if it is done with songs.
- In addition, listening to Spanish songs include hearing and practicing words and phrases; learning basic vocabulary; singing along. This language learning strategy is a good way for beginners as well as for children to improve pronunciation, pitch recognition.
- Another advantage of music is that Spanish learners like it and can listen to it for hours, which is an excellent way of learning Spanish. Furthermore, there are many pop songs by artists who speak the language very well, which will help you to learn the pronunciation.
10 Easy Spanish songs to learn Spanish language:
Now you know the benefits of Spanish songs to learn Spanish, So here is the list of 10 easy Spanish songs that will help you in Spanish language learning.
- “Vivir Mi Vida” by Marc Anthony
- “Contigo” by Enrique iglesias
- “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yanke:
- “Reggaetón lento” by CNCO ft. Little Mix
- “La Tortura” by Shakira feat Alejandro Sanz
- “La Noche que Mereces Es esta Navidad” by Jorge Moreno y Los Tigres del Norte
- “Esta Todo Bien, Esto es un Tiempo de Patria Grande Y Universal De Solidaridad: Que los Siervos Sean Libres” Azucena Arraras and Luis Bello Galindo
- “La Belleza” by Pablo Milanés
- “Yo Te Amo” by Chayanne
- “Si No Te Hubieras Ido” by Juan Luis Guerra
1. “Vivir Mi Vida” by Marc Anthony:
A great song that will make you discover Latin music and will also help you learn Spanish, through its universal language.
This song by Marc Anthony is about living life to the fullest and not worrying about how difficult it will be. The song has a lot of references to the Spanish language, which helps in learning Spanish. The best thing about this song is that Marc Anthony was able to break with the traditional rhythms of Salsa and add a blend such as reggae.
Marc Anthony tells the story of his life to a “jealous woman.” He then makes it clear that he doesn’t care about her concerns and that his life is better without her “tangled in my hair.” This could mean a couple of different things. He may have been dating the woman and she was too clingy and insecure. He could’ve gotten fed up with her and just wanted to be free of the relationship. I believe he means that his life was better without her because she didn’t support him, wasn’t there for him when times got tough, or both.
The voice throughout this song is strong, but the tone is mostly light. The song does have a sense of seriousness in some parts, but overall it’s about being happy and not worrying about life being difficult.
2. “Contigo” by Enrique iglesias:
The love song by Enrique Iglesias is one of the best love songs ever. The lyrics are about how he does not want to lose his loved one with the words “Contigo” which means “with you”. It is a very romantic song that has music that will force your heart to melt!
One of the benefits of learning Spanish through Enrique Iglesias’s song “Contigo” is that it is really enjoyable. You can sing along with the lyrics in Spanish and English easily. This song will help you to learn Spanish by yourself. It is an easy song to sing along with as well, so singing along with it increases your chances of learning Spanish quickly.
Another benefit is that it has great music, It is a love song that will automatically capture the audience by its melodies. This song is also very different from most of Enrique Iglesias’s songs since it consists of romantic lyrics. In this way, you can listen to Enrique Iglesias’s songs without having to hear his usual songs about partying.
To get the most out of this great song, it is advisable to watch it over youtube with Spanish lyrics and English translation. In this way, you can learn Spanish and have a great time.
3. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yanke:
The song “Despacito” is one of the best songs in Latin America, and was even nominated for several Grammy awards! It tells the story of a man who is in love with a girl, noting that she needs to know that “Despacito”, which means “slowly” is the best way. The lyrics are very romantic and it has music that will definitely touch your heart!
This popular song has simple lyrics that will help you to learn some unknown words. Also, the song has great music with romantic verses that are not too difficult to understand or sing along with for an average person.
Another good thing about this song is that it sounds very familiar, the song has a great rhythm and you can sing along to it easily. In this way, you can learn Spanish very quickly and have fun while doing so!
4. “Reggaetón lento” by CNCO ft. Little Mix :
This song is one of the best songs ever! It is an English-Spanish bilingual song that has become very popular. It tells the story of a man who sings to his loved one about proposing to her. The lyrics are very romantic and it has a melody that will definitely touch your heart!
The benefit of listening to this beautiful song is that it has a very familiar tone, with a rhythm and a tune that makes it easy for you to sing along. In addition, the lyrics are easy to understand making this song an excellent option if you want to learn some new words in Spanish as well as sing along!
Another benefit of “Reggaetón lento” is that it is easy to sing along with, since you can find the lyrics in both English subtitles and Spanish subtitles. Singing along while learning the words will improve your pronunciation in a way that you cannot achieve otherwise.
5. “La Tortura” by Shakira feat Alejandro Sanz:
The song “La tortura” was an enormous hit worldwide. It tells the story of a man who is asking his loved one for forgiveness because he tortured her with his feelings. The lyrics are very romantic and describe how it feels to be in love. This is an excellent song if you want to learn Spanish because of its beautiful lyrics!
Furthermore, the voice of Shakira in this song is very beautiful and her pronunciation of the lyrics in Spanish is excellent, making it easy to understand what she is saying. In this way, when you listen to “La tortura” you can learn Spanish while listening to a beautiful voice with excellent pronunciation!
Another good point of this song is that it has great music with romantic verses that are easy to remember. It also has familiar music, so singing along with it will make it easier for you to remember the lyrics.
6. “La Noche que Mereces Es esta Navidad” by Jorge Moreno y Los Tigres del Norte:
In this song, Jorge Moreno and Los Tigres del Norte express the importance of spending time with family during Christmas. In many countries in Latin America, Christmas is celebrated by attending a posada (a religious event where people play songs and dance for visitors who say prayers) or watching movies that talk about Jesus Christ. The family reunion is also an important value at Christmas time.
There are some Spanish words that can be learned from this song; these are perfecto (perfect), por favor (please), de nada (you’re welcome), esperando (waiting), precioso (beautiful) and el perreo (dance).
Here are some interesting facts about this song; the title has different translations. “La Noche que Mereces Es esta Navidad” can be translated as “The Night that You Deserve is This Christmas” or “You Deserve This Christmas Eve”.
This song is the perfect song to learn Spanish with if you are looking for a fun way that can also teach you certain phrases.
7. .”Esta Todo Bien, Esto es un Tiempo de Patria Grande Y Universal De Solidaridad: Que los Siervos Sean Libres” Azucena Arraras and Luis Bello Galindo:
The song is about the phrase “esto es un tiempo de patria grande y universal de solidaridad” which means, this is a time for great and universal nationhood of solidarity. The lyrics in English are as follows:
This is a time of great, all-embracing nationhood/ A time to proclaim the transcendent unity of our continent,This is a time to weave together new relationships among the nations of our continent, A time for greater justice between individuals and groups/ A time to banish forever all forms of division.
From a learning perspective, this Spanish song teaches many words that are applicable in everyday life. Some of the words are “esta”, “todo”, “”bien””,”tiempo”,”patria”, “servo”, “libre”.
The song is saying that this moment in history will bring about change. The lyrics are very powerful and moving.
Azucena Arraras and Luis Bello Galindo sang the song “Esta Todo Bien, Esto es un Tiempo de Patria Grande Y Universal De Solidaridad: Que los Siervos Sean Libres” in Spanish. The song was produced by Gabriela Abreu at Make Believe Studios in Los Angeles, California.
8. “La Belleza” by Pablo Milanés:
La Belleza by Pablo Milanés is a song from 2000 that talks about beauty in a variety of contexts, from the natural world to movements in society. The song has been critically acclaimed for its down-to-earth tone and message. In addition, it introduces new words for English speakers that help add to the lexicon of their language.
The Spanish words and phrases that you can learn from this song are as follows.
- “Belleza” is the Spanish word for beauty, which actually ends with an accent over the “e.” When you are singing along to this song, keep in mind that this will sound different than what you are used to – it’s not pronounced like the English word “belles.” Instead, it’s pronounced like “bel-les” with the stress on the second syllable.
- “Desierto” is a Spanish adjective that means “empty.” It often has negative connotations applied to it, because it’s used to describe things that are usually perceived as negative, like emptiness or desertion. It is used in the song at the end of verse 3.
- “Jardín de desierto” (Empty garden)
- “Es tan raro su silencio” (It’s so rare their silence)
- “Que cada piedra habla” (That every stone speaks)
- “Olvidar” is a Spanish verb that means “to forget.” It can be used as a transitive or intransitive verb. In this song, it appears in verse 5 line 2 and again in the chorus at the end of verse 1.
These words and phrases will build your vocabulary and will help you learn Spanish in a speedy way.
9. “Yo Te Amo ” by Chayanne:
“Yo Te Amo” by Chayanne is a love Spanish song with a tone of sadness so it’s a ballad. The genre of this song is Latin pop. It’s a well-known song from the 90s and it remains popular among so many people today. This song by Chayanne is important because it can teach you new words in Spanish if you’re learning to speak the language. The song is about a man who wants to tell his girlfriend that he loves her.
The Spanish words and phrases that will be helpful in your language learning journey are :
- -Yo te quiero mucho. This means “I love you a lot.”
- -Te amo. This means ” I love you” or “I’m in love with you.”
- -Que tengas un buen día means “Have a good day.
- “Eres lo más importante en mi vida” means “You’re the most important thing in my life.”
- “No sabes cuánto significas para mí” means “You don’t know how much you mean to me.”
- -Estoy perdido sin ti means “I’m lost without you.”
- -Te amo demasiado means “I love you too much.”
10. “Si No Te Hubieras Ido” by Juan Luis Guerra
This great song is written about someone who had no choice but to leave the person they love. The tone of the song is sad, as it talks about saying goodbye to someone you love. Juan Luis Guerra is a very well-respected singer in the Dominican Republic that wrote this song. This song was a big hit in the Dominican Republic and across Latin America.
The words that a Spanish learner can learn from this song are the following: “si no te hubieras ido” “nosotros seguiriamos asi” “por siempre” “hasta la vista” “y es que me voy” “un adios” “repito sin ti”
Spanish songs are a fun and interesting way to learn the language. Listening to music in Spanish is not only an enjoyable pastime, it also increases your comprehension of the language by as much as 40%. So if you are having a bad time or getting bored while learning Spanish words and phrases then stop learning this way. Listen to above mentioned Spanish songs with English subtitles and Spanish subtitles.
If you want to know more about some hacks to learn Spanish fast and in a fun way then do subscribe to our newsletter as well as see our other blog posts.